PLAY

jay farrer and benjamin gibbard

Audio Player

Sunday, May 29, 2016

You can't do that in America- 4

Amsterdam is a city of windows. Big windows. From the Red light district to the Jordaan, we got big windows. The windows in our apartment encompass the entire front wall- great canal view, street view, people view. The apartments across the canal all have big windows too.

This morning, I get up at my usual Amsterdam time, 9am. Leslie has been up since like 6:30 'cause she has school work to do and her brain turns on that early. Anyway, I am not fully awake sitting on the couch, and I hear Leslie say, "there's nakedness across the way".  

Huh? Its too early for nakedness isn't it? Apparently not. I look across the canal to the second floor of an apartment with the aforementioned big windows and I see a guy in shorts. He's not naked. Then I see a naked women kind of drift slowly by the window. Huh. Then she drifts by the other way. Then she stands at the window for about 3 minutes just looking out. Then she wanders off again. 

It strikes me that this is kind of normal for Amsterdam. I go and get some more coffee......

No comments:

Post a Comment