PLAY

jay farrer and benjamin gibbard

Audio Player

Monday, June 23, 2014

DAY MonDAY

Back in Amsterdam. I must confess that I haven't seen one single prostitute. We must be in the wrong neighborhood. Some of the students inform me that yes, there are prostitutes. The students are living in the right neighborhood, at the hostel called- I am not kidding- the Bulldog (most definitely not associated with Mississippi State Univ).

Note: I don't really want to run into a prostitute, because then what? "hello, can I get your autograph for my friend Tom?"

Anyway, we are back to the Landscape Architecture field trip schedule. Today we visited the National Museum of the Netherlands (Rijks Museum), saw some nice Vermeer paintings and such......
 ....and then just down the street, went to the Van Gogh Museum (just kidding, that's not the Van Gogh museum)








































Lots of nice art to look at but you know after about 2 hours in a gallery- and Leslie will confirm this- you start to get nauseous due to museum lighting and very intense staring. The brain has trouble with intense staring apparently.


Wasn't much else going on today.................oh, yeah, Netherlands beat Chile in the World Cup, everybody is going nuts!




No comments:

Post a Comment